Euganea Film Festival 2014
XIII edition, 27th June - 20th July 2014 - Colli Euganei (Padova)
Deadline: 15th March 2014
Rules for competition Euganea Film Festival 2014.pdf
Rules for competition
Art. 1 – FESTIVAL ORGANIZATION, SECTIONS AND AWARDS
1. The event is organized by the Euganea Movie Movement Association, based in Monselice (Padua/Italy) with the goal of improving the knowledge of cinematographic culture and promoting the beauty of the Euganean Hills everywhere, according to what established in its Statute.
The twelfth edition of Euganea Film Festival will take place in the Euganean Hills, between Este and Monselice, from 27th June to 20th July 2014.
2. The 2014 Festival Edition is divided into three sections:
a) International Short Movies Competition
Short films produced in or outside Italy after 1st January 2012, of any kind, format or subject, up to a maximum of 30 minutes length. Short movies in any language except English or Italian must have English or Italian subtitles.
b) International Documentary Movies Competition
Documentary movies made in or outside Italy after 1st January 2012, of any format or subject, up to a maximum of 90 minutes length. Documentary films in any language except English or Italian must have English or Italian subtitles.
c) International Animated Short Movies Competition
Short animated films produced in or outside Italy after 1st January 2012 up to a maximum of 30 minutes length. Short movies in any language except English or Italian must have English or Italian subtitles.
3. The EFF 2014 pre-selection Committee will appoint one or more qualified Juries, that will choose the best work in each of the three festival sections:
a) EFF 2014 Best Short Movie
b) EFF 2014 Best Documentary Movie
c) EFF 2014 Best Animated Short Movie
Moreover, 2014 Festival edition will feature three more awards:
"Banca Etica – New Economies" Award, in collaboration with Banca Etica, that will be given to the best work that deals with issues related to new economies, virtuous business practices, and more generally connected to legality in social and economic sectors;
"Euganean Hills Park" Award, that will be given to the work that better deals with environmental issues and the story of the territory, local or global;
"Veneto Movie Movement" Award, that will be given to the best work produced by an author or a producer from Veneto or related to the regional territory.
Art. 2 – PARTICIPATION RULES
1. The entry-form must be filled in on-line, following the instructions on the Festival website www.euganeafilmfestival.it. You will then receive a confirmation email with a summary of your entry-form data. Please print it, sign it and send it along with the submitting video of your work.
2. Every author can submit up to maximum two works, unpublished or not, but produced after the given date (see Art. 1, section 2). The submitting videos must be in DVD format. Instead, it is possible to indicate, on the registration form, a link and password to watch online the movie.
3. Delivery costs for submitted works will be exclusively upon the sender. We recommend sending your work using your National Mail, not a courier service. The organization is not responsible for theft, damage or loss of submitted works.
Art. 3 – DEADLINE
1. The deadline for sending your work is the 15th March 2014. Submitting videos should be sent to the following address:
Euganea Film Festival - Via Matteotti, 23 - 35043 Monselice (Padova) - Italy
2. Works from non-European Union Countries must show the following customs entry:
"Senza valore commerciale. Unicamente per fini culturali"
(No Commercial Value. Only For Cultural Purposes).
Art. 4 – WORKS SELECTION
1. The Festival Pre-selection Committee will examine all works submitted and will select those to be admitted to the competition. The Committee will base its judgements on artistic and content criteria.
2. The authors that will enter the competition will have to send their works for the screening in blu-ray format or in a high resolution file. Moreover, they will have to send more material for the catalogue (two stills from the film, a synopsis, a technical data-sheet and a bio-filmography of the director).
3. The authors of the selected works will be informed as soon as possible about the Festival programme.
Art. 5 – FOREIGN WORKS
1. Works in languages different from English or Italian must have English and/or Italian subtitles. Each author of works admitted to the competition and without English or Italian audio must also send a list of the dialogues in Italian and/or English for the realization of the subtitles by the organization of the festival, under penalty of exclusion from the competition.
Art. 6 – GENERAL REGULATIONS
1. Signing the entry form means a complete acceptance of all the rules. Festival management will make the final decision about anything not already included in these rules.
2. The material sent for preview (DVD) will not be given back: it will be kept in the Festival archive and used for didactic purposes and free screenings within the cultural initiatives and all the activities for its associates promoted by the Euganea Movie Movement Association. Authors will not be able to ask for economic returns over the viewings of their work.
3. The Jury Members' names, the program of the festival, the list of awards and every other information will be available on the Festival Official Web Site: www.euganeafilmfestival.it. For any question or additional information, please write to: .
EUGANEA FILM FESTIVAL
PERSONAL DATA TREATMENT
Informative report provided in line with the Italian legislative decree 196/2003 “Data Privacy Code”
Euganea Movie Movement Association, as data controller and/or processor, informs you that your personal data communicated via entry-form will be processed manually or by computer and will be utilised to the sole purpose of performing the activities concerning the Film Festival, such as sending informative communications about the EMM Festival, also via e-mail.
You are entitled to exert the rights provided under art. 7 and following of the Italian Data Privacy Code. I.e., you are entitled to be informed as to whether any data of yours are in our possession, and have them updated, rectified or integrated, or request that they be blocked/deleted owing to law infringements or there being no longer a need for them to be kept on file, as well as to oppose to their treatment for legitimate reasons.